Amity Healthcare Group will conduct initial and/or annual CNA/HHA competency for your organization and will assist you with achieving regulatory compliance with competency requirements. Competencies will be conducted in conformance with CMS requirements (§418.76(c)(1), §484.80(b)(3)(xv), §484.80(c)(1), §418.76(c)(1), §484.80(c)(1))., as well as state, accrediting organizations’, and company’s guidelines.
The competency will include direct observation of skills in a skill lab setting with a pseudo-patient, as well as lectures and written and/or oral examination. The competency will be provided by a qualified instructor (RN) in collaboration with other professionals, as may be appropriate.
A home health agency may also outsource observation of duty visits to Amity Healthcare Group, as may be required.
Upon completion of the competency, your agency will receive a complete report of the activities associated with the competency process. The report will also include recommendations based on observation and interaction with the personnel. You will also receive copies of sign-in sheets, certificates of completion, copies of written exams, and skills assessments for each attendee.
You can view a sample of the report and documentation by clicking on the CNA/HHA Competency Sample/Report Documentation.
You can also check out our
The following skills will be observed and evaluated in the skill lab under supervision and instruction of a qualified instructor:
- Communication skills including reading, writing and verbal skills
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration
- Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks that
- (A) Bed bath;
- (B) Sponge, tub, and shower bath;
- (C) Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;
- (D) Nail and skin care;
- (E) Oral hygiene;
- (F) Toileting and elimination;
- Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- Normal range of motion and positioning
The following tasks will be evaluated through written examination and/or oral examination.
- Observation, reporting and documentation of patient condition and services provided
- Infection prevention and control
- Elements of body functioning and changes that must be reported to the supervisor
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment
- Recognition of emergencies and knowing emergency procedures and their application
- Understanding physical, emotional and developmental needs of patient population and how to work to address those needs including need for respect, patient privacy and patient property
- Adequate nutrition and fluid intake
- Recognition and reporting of changes in skin condition, including pressure ulcers
- Any other task that the Home Health Agency assigns as permitted under state law
Observation of Duty
Observation of job duty for HHAs will be performed by Amity Healthcare Group qualified RN who will coordinate and complete a co-visit with each HHA/CNA during a scheduled home visit with your agency’s patient and with patient’s consent. HHA plan of care will be utilized as a reference during the observation visit.
HHAs/CNAs will be observed and evaluated in the following areas:
- Reporting and Documentation
- Infection Control
CNA/HHA Competency and Observation od Duty
You will receive a combination of services as described in CNA/HHA Competency and Observation of Duty sections.
As we provide in-person competencies during COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, we implemented all necessary precautions and are equipped to practice six foot social distancing and limit our class size to do so. We practice COVID-19 screenings and provide hand washing/sanitizing stations. Masks/face coverings are required at all times.
Every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
5600 S Quebec St,
Greenwood Village, CO