USE REMOTE LEARNING
FOR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES IN HOME HEALTH
- Outsource your initial and/or annual Skilled Nursing competency to Amity Healthcare Group and achieve regulatory compliance with competency requirements by participating in virtual competency conducted in conformance with CMS requirements and Accrediting Organizations’ (ACHC, CHAP, JCAHO) guidelines.
- Enroll in a virtual nursing competency program and take advantage of the following:
- – Easily accessible Zoom video conferencing (accessible from any device or location)
- – Live instructor-led lecture
- – Live interaction/ Q&A with a clinical instructor
- – Skills demonstration by a qualified clinical instructor
- – Return clinical skills demonstration by participants utilizing Amity’s skills set kit
- – CEUs
How Does Virtual Competency Work?
Step #1: Online Registration
Follow simple steps to register for your virtual competency:
- Click on the Registration button
- Select date and time of the virtual competency
- Click on “Tickets”
- Complete checkout
Note: if your agency subscribes to our competency program, the agency will be issued a unique access code that will allow to bypass payment at the time of registration (contractual agreement is required for this feature).
Step #2: Attend your Scheduled Virtual Competency
Upon completion of registration, each participant will receive a Zoom link to log in for a competency on a scheduled day and time.
Note: Assure that the device that you are using to access Zoom conference supports sound and video.
During the virtual competency, you should expect the following:
- Instructor-led lecture (review of home health documentation (OASIS, POC), patient assessment, education, skills, etc.)
- Observation of clinical skills demonstrated by clinical instructor. Skills will include PICC line care, wound vac, IV administration, etc.)
- Written skills/knowledge validation (exam)
- CEU certificate
- Instructor’s feedback and completion of competency assessment form
Note: Home Health Agency’s management will receive a copy of the CEU certificate as well as Competency Assessment form and a copy of the written exam for each attendee.
Pricing and More:
Virtual Nursing (RNs/LPN/LVN) Competency:
$150.00 per person
Available on Mondays and Thursdays:
from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM Pacific Time
from 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM Mountain Time
from 9:30 AM to 11:30 PM Central Time
from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Eastern Time
Buy Tickets on Eventbrite
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn More about Skilled Virtual Nursing Competency
Contact us today for additional information.
Outsource your nursing competency to Amity Healthcare Group, LLC!
Amity Healthcare Group will conduct initial and/or annual Skilled Nursing competency for your organization and will assist you with achieving regulatory compliance with competency requirements. Competencies will be conducted in conformance with CMS requirements, as well as state and accrediting organizations’ guidelines.
The competency will be based on the care/services provided by skilled nurses (RNs, LPNs) and will include direct observation of skills in a skill lab setting, validation of skills, lectures, situational analysis/case studies, and knowledge-based written and/or oral examination. The competency will be provided by a qualified instructor (RN) in collaboration with other professionals, as may be appropriate. Amity Healthcare Group is offering individual and group competencies.
Upon completion of the competency, your agency will receive a copy of the certificate of completion, written exam, and skills assessment for each skilled nurse who attended the competency. An additional report including a summary of all activities associated with the competency process and recommendations based on observations and interaction with personnel will be available to the agencies participating in group competencies.
You can view a sample of the report and documentation by clicking on the Nursing Competency Sample/Report Documentation.
You can also check out our
Skilled Nursing Competency
The following tasks will be evaluated through validation of skills, situational analysis/case studies, and knowledge-based written and/or oral examination.
- Ability to process paperwork and associated tasks related to home health admission process, care coordination, and documentation.
- Ability to obtain and document appropriate history/assessment for patients and provide skilled nursing procedures in the following categories:
- Pulmonary system
- Cardiovascular system
- Neurological system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Genitourinary system
- Integumentary system/Wounds/Dressings
- Musculoskeletal system
- Pain assessment and management
- Metabolic assessment
- Behavioral assessment
- Medication administration (oral, IM, SC, IV, etc.)
- Patient education
- Advanced Skills:
- Tracheostomy care
- Ostomy/Ileostomy care
- Urinary catheter insertion and care
- Wound care/Wound Vac
- IV Therapy
- PICC line care
- Miscellaneous Skills:
- Vital Signs
- Collection, labeling and delivering of laboratory specimens
- Infection control
- Equipment use
- Home glucose monitoring
- PT/INR testing
As we provide in-person competencies during COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, we implemented all necessary precautions and are equipped to practice six foot social distancing and limit our class size to do so. We practice COVID-19 screenings and provide hand washing/sanitizing stations. Masks/face coverings are required at all times.
Every Tuesday from 10:30 AM – 4 PM
5600 S Quebec St,
Greenwood Village, CO
Learn More about In Person Nursing Competency
Contact us today for additional information.